Asked By: Derick Funk
Date created: Sat, Jul 17, 2021 10:26 PM
Date updated: Wed, Jun 29, 2022 9:55 PM
Top best answers to the question «What is drag racing»
- 1. a race between two or more cars over a short distance, usually a quarter of a mile, as a test of acceleration.
- When good grip between tires and track results in better traction, increased acceleration and reduced slipping and smoking tires. The acronym used to refer to the drag racing governing organization, the International Hot Rod Association. Want even more drag terms?
- Drag racing (: Kiihdytyskilpailu) is a motorsport where two drivers with their cars try to cover the straight piece of road as fast as possible. The usual distance is 1/4 mile (~402 meters).
- The history of automobiles and motorcycles being used for drag racing is nearly as long as the history of motorized vehicles themselves, and has taken the form of both illegal street racing, and as an organized and regulated motorsport. This article covers the legal sport.
- We know it can sound daunting, but we’ll walk you through every step of the process to get you up to the starting line. At its core, drag racing is a simple sport, a straight-line competition that most commonly takes place on eighth- and quarter-mile dragstrips.
- Drag racingis really a race when one vehicle is trying to drag the other to the finish line by getting to that finish line first. Because of this, many things could be considered a drag race, but traditionally most think of drag racing occurring from a stand still.